Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things I love.....

Not in any particular order.....

1. My kids....all 5 of them, almost every day

2. My husband....again, almost every day

3. Making cookies

4. Rain or the threat of rain....reminds me of my childhood in Maryland, where there was always plenty of beautiful thunderstorms.

5. Old friends....I love new friends too, but there is something about an old friend who knew you before you were cool, has seen all your terrible hairstyles over the years, knows your deepest darkest secrets...and still loves you anyway.

6. Cashmere. I have passed this love down to my youngest daughter, who can tell something is cashmere by just a slight touch. I've created an expensive monster in that one.

7. Any citrus smell....check my candles.

8. Watching the movie trailers before the feature movie starts. It's usually the best part.

9. Sore muscles....I love knowing I worked hard enough that my body aches. It's the sign of a good day.

10. Brand new socks. I would be a happy woman if every day I woke up to a crisp, white, nice smelling pair of new socks. That's not too much to ask for, right?


I'm sure I will think of more, like the fact that I love when my pancakes have a slightly doughy center. Or seeing my tulips pop up in the Spring, just before the neighbor kids pick them all. Maybe I will have to continue with my 20 favorite things another time.

No comments: